I love making bundt cakes because they ALWAYS look beautiful. You do not need to spend time frosting, and you don’t need to stress out that its going to be lopsided; its guaranteed to come out looking like a masterpiece. This blueberry bundt cake is super moist and very easy to make. The pop of color from the blueberry makes it extra beautiful and delicious. I cannot wait to serve this for breakfast or drop it off to a friend as a sweet surprise.
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus 1 teaspoon for blueberries and zest
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup packed light-brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
4 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup sour cream
2 cups blueberries
Nonstick cooking spray, for pan
Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting (optional)
Recipe from Martha Stewart
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, whisk 2 1/2 cups flour with baking powder and salt; set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars on high speed until light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until incorporated.
4. Beat in vanilla. Reduce speed to low.
5. Add flour mixture in three additions, alternating with two additions of sour cream.
6. In a bowl, toss blueberries; gently fold into batter.
7. Coat a 12-cup nonstick Bundt pan with cooking spray. If you do not have spray thoroughly THOROUGHLY butter and then flour. If you are not prepared to be thorough with this step just walk away. Bundt cake pans are so intricate that you cannot afford to leave any room for the cake to stick! So make sure its FULLY coated!
8. Spread batter in prepared pan.
9. Bake cake on bottom rack of oven until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean, 60 to 70 minutes.
10. Dust with confectioners’ sugar before serving.