It’s time to write your thank you notes and wish your loved ones a happy new year. Thank you notes are a simple gesture that let people know you care and that you took the time to hand write a note and pop it in the mail. As simple as it may seem, receiving mail is a thing of the past these days; it’s so much more convenient to make a phone call, send a text or write an email. Let’s make an effort this year to break the habit of justifying emails as enough and write notes. If you wanna take it to the next level, follow my insanely easy tutorial and MAKE your cards, because your loved ones are worth it.
I got my hair done today and I absolutely love it! I wanted an ombre, but with more reddish tones and I think it came out lovely! For some reason this lighter red color reminds me of Rachel Mcadams’ color in The Notebook.
Anyways, I have gotten really comfortable this Christmas rocking colors that in past years would have been considered out. Is this just me, or are unconventional colors becoming appropriate this winter!? This outfit perfectly exemplifies this! My outfit has tons of elements: rough, with the rip in my knee, delicate and feminine with my fuzzy lavender sweater, holiday appropriate with my black closed-toe shoe, and topped off with a big bow for that Christmas sparkle! Lavender and baby pink has always been reserved for spring and summer, but the fuzzy large sweater makes it feel appropriate for this season – almost like the new winter white. The femininity of my sweater is balanced out by the rugged rip in my jeans and black heels. I just love this look! Have a good night everyone.
Find the pieces here:
Sweater: Free People
Jeans: Hudson (mine ripped from bending down, yikes)
Necklace: BCBG (mine is no longer available but similar ones found here!)
Want to hear a truly funny story? Ok let me tell you.
We have a giant jar of sugar in our pantry, it’s pretty huge…..
My 8 year old sister, Savannah, is a gift from God. She maintains an unknowing innocence and joy that much of the world will never know. Her middle name is Joy and that could not be more perfect for her; she truly embodies that word and definition in her being. Like I said she is innocent, and this blissful spirit she has makes for some pretty funny happenings in the house.
Ok back to the sugar. You know when the house gets eerily quiet and you get freaked out because the silence is just not normal? Mom’s with small kids you totally get this. Well on one afternoon the house was a little too silent for comfort. My mom popped up to find our ENTIRE – and when I say ENTIRE I am not exaggerating in the slightest – house covered in sugar, ever single tabletop, corner, bed spread, toilet seat, everything covered in sugar. My Mother, literally like in the movies, threw her hands up in the air asked “WHY ON EARTH?!” Savannah smirked and tossed her hands toward the ground and said, “Whattt it’s pretty it makes our house sparkle!”
At the time this was infuriating, in hindsight it makes me smile so much. Savannah’s blissful, joyful spirit brings joy to my life; she is love.
Ok what does this have to do with our mantle? Well in order to make this mantle Savannah literally got to cover our entire living room floor in actual glitter – total heaven for a girl with a love for sparkle! This mantle is whimsical, sparkly, and pretty much cost me nothing to put together! What’s not to love!? Click to see more and steps on making a truly gorgeous statement piece of a mantle.
I was not lying about the glitter everywhere…..Glittery party wooo! Girl Heaven!
I love giving gifts. I firmly believe that it is so much more satisfying to give than to receive! However, finding even the simplest gift to give is hard! If the desire is there but you are stuck not knowing what to give, here is a simple guide covering everyone from little ones to women and men!
1. I absolutely love these geometric blocks! To boot, I know the sweetest Mama who is making them! They are perfect for your little one! These beauties come in a set of 10, they are hand made out of pine wood, and are hand painted with nontoxic acrylic paint! More will be available! $12 Found Here
2. Absolutely every single little girl needs a tea set! Surprise your little lady with this beauty from Anthropologie. Tres chic! $48 Found Here
3. There is nothing better than a gift that doubles as an educational tool! This map book is so aesthetically pleasing that your little one will not be able to quit turning the pages! $35 Found Here
4. Every child needs a classic stuffed animal. Whether it is a teddy bear or this precious bunny, it is a must in every child’s life! This plush bunny is an adorable classic that is sure to make any small child smile! $54 Found Here
5. Just like tutus, glittery shoes are a MUST in every little girls wardrobe – this is just non-negotiable! Give your daughter the gift of these adorable, pink, glittery loafers. What else could a girl ask for?! $60 Found Here
6. Give your Mamas with small babies this amazing journal! It is an adorable and simple journal that gives you the format to record all your baby’s milestones, such as first baths and first smiles! Memories are priceless, this is a gift that will give for a lifetime! $24.95 Found Here
1. Women LOVE their pictures, and I must say this Fujifilm camera is AWESOME. It provides you with instant vintage photos, for a low cost! This gift is perfect for any girl, young or old! $57.39 Found Here
2. Tea represents warmth and comfort! Gift your friend or family member with this tea! The packaging is so aesthetically beautiful, and it is a perfect representation of the delicious tea that will fill your loved one’s cup! $16 Found Here
3. I love love love Laura Mercier. These candles are so sleek and gorgeous, perfect for any women! $65 Found Here
4. These adorable cheese knives are for all your friends with the gift of hosting! This fun pop of color is sure to excite any true hostess! $32 Found Here
5. Women love cookbooks; they are a treasure! Anthropologie has tons of amazing cookbooks, all just as unique in their visuals as their amazing recipes! $25-$50 Found Here
6. Ahava products are absolutely amazing. They are made from properties of the Dead Sea in Israel. Give this to the woman who loves her beauty products, these will truly change her life! $25-$165 Found Here
7. All women deserve a cashmere sweater; it is simply a wardrobe staple. This Halogen cashmere comes in a beautiful array of colors and the price is right! $79 Found Here
1. Men LOVE their meat, and with meat comes a need for quality knives. These Laguiole steak knives are pretty, but their quality and classic look will excite any man! $78 Found Here
2. Men love gadgets more than anything. This Steripen is so incredibly awesome, ESPECIALLY if your man loves the good outdoors. The Steripen sterilizes absolutely any water killing, 99.9% of bacteria and viruses! Perfect for camping trips with the boys! $79.97 Found Here
3. Table topics: sports info mania cards are fun for any guy! Throw them in your coffee table drawer or even their work place desk! They are a great way to talk sports and break the ice! $25 Found Here
4. Polara golf balls are any golf player’s fantasy! They are said to correct hooks and slices by 75%. I’m not sure what that means, but I’m positive your golfer Hubby does, and I’m sure its awesome! $12.99 Found Here
5. The perfect t-shirt for your boo thang to relax in! I love the laid back look of this pocket tee, sure to look smokin on any guy! $42 Found Here
6. Like I said before, guys love their gadgets! Take their T.V. experience to the next level of awesome with Apple T.V.! $99 Found Here
7. After shave leaves men feeling confident, cool, fresh and ready for the day! This vintage aftershave looks neat on the shelve and gets the job done! $30 Found Here
Oh my goodness, oh my goodness, oh my goodness! I can finally shout from the rooftops how excited I am that it is Christmas time! I am ready to fully dive into all activities Christmas. Roaring fires (even though it is 73˚ and sunny in California), getting hot chocolate, wandering through the mall for countless hours, buying totally unnecessary sweaters, watching all my favorite Christmas movies, and blasting Christmas music at all hours!! Yay! I watched Elf last night and I got unhealthily excited – heart attack level 931. This morning was no different; I turned on the fire (I am legit sweating because it’s hot outside), cranked up the Christmas tunes, pulled out my Santa mug and made peppermint cookies – YUM! Come on guys, get on this Christmas spirit train with me, were going full force!
Grilled Cheese has always been one of my splurge foods; there’s not much better than some good old cheddar melted on quality bread. Since a young age, I have been eating this exact sandwhich. It is out-of-this-galaxy good, or as the title would explain, IT IS God’s gift to cheese lovers of the universe. Avocado, thinly sliced red onion, a big old heirloom tomato, some whole grain dijon for added crunch, and two of my favorite cheeses – cheddar and provolone – all wrapped into one. I have just described perfection. Go big or go home, if you’re splurging on a grilled cheese, it might as well be this one!
After eating a copious amount of beige foods on Thanksgiving, you’re probably needing something with color. By color, I mean something healthy, like vegetables. If you’re anything like me though, you probably want warm and hearty foods because it’s Christmas time. So, I bring you the tomato tart! It is delicious and warm and contains fresh healthy ingredients! Enjoy!