Cookies are undoubtedly a major part of the Christmas season. I love that most families have their own cookie traditions they make each year, all unique and especially tasty to them. For my family, it has always been noel balls, also known as Mexican wedding cookies, or my Mom’s famous shortbread pink-pig cookies. I love both of these cookies and the taste and the sight of them instantly bring back the warm feelings of Christmas. I have always thought linzer cookies are especially beautiful. The jam filled center and powder sugar are so gorgeous, and rather impressive in both their flavor and looks! I made these and they were a hit! I plan on shifting these into the mix of our family’s tradition of Christmas cookies! What cookies or treats have become a tradition in your household around the holidays?
This week/ month/ last few months have been draining to put it lightly. This level of drainage has forced me to neglect my favorite thing in this universe, my blog! I am swearing to myself that I will get back on track, to baking and photographing and sharing all my favorite recipes and tricks! I wanted to show everyone what I have been up to, here are a few snaps I took with my iPhone yesterday!
Christmas just would not be complete without a wreath on your door! If you are anything like me you would rather spend money on gifts than a ridiculously over priced wreath! My Mom has made her wreaths as long as I can remember so I decided to carry on the tradition and share it with you guys! This wreath was completely free, and I think more beautiful and unique than anything you could buy at a tree lot!
p.s. I took beautiful step-by-step photos only to realize at the end that my memory card was not even in my camera! I am trying not to cry.
I love giving gifts. I firmly believe that it is so much more satisfying to give than to receive! However, finding even the simplest gift to give is hard! If the desire is there but you are stuck not knowing what to give, here is a simple guide covering everyone from little ones to women and men!
1. I absolutely love these geometric blocks! To boot, I know the sweetest Mama who is making them! They are perfect for your little one! These beauties come in a set of 10, they are hand made out of pine wood, and are hand painted with nontoxic acrylic paint! More will be available! $12 Found Here
2. Absolutely every single little girl needs a tea set! Surprise your little lady with this beauty from Anthropologie. Tres chic! $48 Found Here
3. There is nothing better than a gift that doubles as an educational tool! This map book is so aesthetically pleasing that your little one will not be able to quit turning the pages! $35 Found Here
4. Every child needs a classic stuffed animal. Whether it is a teddy bear or this precious bunny, it is a must in every child’s life! This plush bunny is an adorable classic that is sure to make any small child smile! $54 Found Here
5. Just like tutus, glittery shoes are a MUST in every little girls wardrobe – this is just non-negotiable! Give your daughter the gift of these adorable, pink, glittery loafers. What else could a girl ask for?! $60 Found Here
6. Give your Mamas with small babies this amazing journal! It is an adorable and simple journal that gives you the format to record all your baby’s milestones, such as first baths and first smiles! Memories are priceless, this is a gift that will give for a lifetime! $24.95 Found Here
1. Women LOVE their pictures, and I must say this Fujifilm camera is AWESOME. It provides you with instant vintage photos, for a low cost! This gift is perfect for any girl, young or old! $57.39 Found Here
2. Tea represents warmth and comfort! Gift your friend or family member with this tea! The packaging is so aesthetically beautiful, and it is a perfect representation of the delicious tea that will fill your loved one’s cup! $16 Found Here
3. I love love love Laura Mercier. These candles are so sleek and gorgeous, perfect for any women! $65 Found Here
4. These adorable cheese knives are for all your friends with the gift of hosting! This fun pop of color is sure to excite any true hostess! $32 Found Here
5. Women love cookbooks; they are a treasure! Anthropologie has tons of amazing cookbooks, all just as unique in their visuals as their amazing recipes! $25-$50 Found Here
6. Ahava products are absolutely amazing. They are made from properties of the Dead Sea in Israel. Give this to the woman who loves her beauty products, these will truly change her life! $25-$165 Found Here
7. All women deserve a cashmere sweater; it is simply a wardrobe staple. This Halogen cashmere comes in a beautiful array of colors and the price is right! $79 Found Here
1. Men LOVE their meat, and with meat comes a need for quality knives. These Laguiole steak knives are pretty, but their quality and classic look will excite any man! $78 Found Here
2. Men love gadgets more than anything. This Steripen is so incredibly awesome, ESPECIALLY if your man loves the good outdoors. The Steripen sterilizes absolutely any water killing, 99.9% of bacteria and viruses! Perfect for camping trips with the boys! $79.97 Found Here
3. Table topics: sports info mania cards are fun for any guy! Throw them in your coffee table drawer or even their work place desk! They are a great way to talk sports and break the ice! $25 Found Here
4. Polara golf balls are any golf player’s fantasy! They are said to correct hooks and slices by 75%. I’m not sure what that means, but I’m positive your golfer Hubby does, and I’m sure its awesome! $12.99 Found Here
5. The perfect t-shirt for your boo thang to relax in! I love the laid back look of this pocket tee, sure to look smokin on any guy! $42 Found Here
6. Like I said before, guys love their gadgets! Take their T.V. experience to the next level of awesome with Apple T.V.! $99 Found Here
7. After shave leaves men feeling confident, cool, fresh and ready for the day! This vintage aftershave looks neat on the shelve and gets the job done! $30 Found Here
Today was a lovely day. I love a day dedicated to food, fellowship, family and friends. I got to bake pies for my loved ones, make a bounty of dinner rolls, and share plenty of laughs – all of which reminded me of everything I have to be thankful for! I hope you all had a wonderful day. What are some of your Thanksgiving traditions[The one whom I am most thankful for, Nathan!] [My brother Jade, the musician.][A victorious trampoline battle!][Violence for the boys.][Peaceful puzzling for the girls.][Eating is exhausting for Molly.]
If you are anything like me you probably plan on decorating for Christmas the minute your Thanksgiving guests leave. If this is the case – you probably do not want to spend money of flowers in colors that are only really good for Thanksgiving themed decorations. To solve this dilemma I bring you the perfect seasonally neutral arrangement. This centerpiece is perfect for Thanksgiving but will also blend perfectly with your Christmas decorations once Thanksgiving is over! Watch the video for the simple steps to achieve this beautiful centerpiece!
Behind me you can see some of my beautiful milk collection all of which will be available to rent soon!
You will need:
-Flowers, I used hydrangeas, burgundy lilies, passion fruits, greenery, and burgundy daisy type flowers.
As you can see I mess around with the placement of my flowers and greenery a lot! Do not feel like you have to get it right the first time. Mess around with the flowers until the arrangement is how you want it! I opted for an asymmetrical look this time, Imperfection was my goal!
When it comes to style, I would not classify myself as totally traditional. I like to keep things classy and timeless, but spice things up at the same time. I try and translate these ideas into my decorating style and philosophy. My last Thanksgiving table scape was less conventional because I steered away from the standard warm fall colors like orange and red. However, sometimes, upholding tradition is beautiful. The classic tradition can remind us of our childhood and other warm feelings of familiarity and comfort. From the colors to the plates this table is very traditional and completely emulates the warmth and happiness of the fall season. It did not cost much to assemble because much of the arrangement was found in my backyard and I made the place settings from brown grocery bags! Read more for a tutorial on this flower arrangement. I hope you are as inspired as I am! I am selling these center pieces, if you live anywhere from Camarillo, Ca to Goleta and are interested email me for a quote at firstname.lastname@example.org!